- Auto Insurance
Your privacy is important.
Your information is safe with us. This site is secured with an SSL certificate and data encryption. We never share, sell or distribute your personal data to third parties.
Auto Insurance (Manual)
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
You must be a current resident of Ontario Canada
We do not insure motorcycles
We cannot insure vehicles branded as “rebuilt” or “salvaged” or “modified”
Once you submit the form, you will receive a quote within one (1) business day by email. If you prefer an instant online quote, please click here.
Please complete all fields accurately
If you are unsure about your number of tickets or violations please visit our resources page to obtain your driver’s abstract from ServiceOntario
“We have you
Having difficulty completing our form?
For those who prefer a manual quote, or having difficulty displaying our instant quote, you can opt to send us your details manually.
Qualify for Discounts
- bundling your home and auto policy
- having a good credit score
- for your age
- number of years of past insurance
- being claims-free for 5 years or more
D.B. Thomas Insurance Brokers Inc.
#405 – 4145 North Service Road
- (905) 336-5377
Monday to Thursday
9:00 to 4:30
9:00 to 2:00
Weekends & Holidays
Due to high volumes and time restrictions, we do not provide insurance quotes over the phone. The fastest and most effective way to get an quote is to apply online.
Our home insurance policy offers comprehensive coverage, meaning it covers almost all insurance risks for your:
- yard/garage/shed/other separate buildings
You are covered with damage caused by these listed risks:
- fire or lightning
- explosion or implosion
- falling objects that hit the outside of your building or structure
- being hit by an aircraft, satellite, drone or vehicle
- vandalism or malicious acts
- water escape (water bursting out of a pipe and coming into your home) and rupture
- windstorm or hail
- electrical power surge
- broken glass (windows, doors, etc.)
- theft, including damage from a break-in or attempted break-in or theft
- items lost or damaged during transport (caused by an accident to the vehicle)
- escape of fuel oil
If you have an insurance claim, your new policy also covers:
- the costs of cleaning up your home and yard
- damage to your outdoor trees, lawns, shrubs and plants
- property damage caused by an emergency (police officers, paramedics or firefighters having to break into your home)
- an increase in your living expenses if your home is unlivable (gas, hotel rooms, meals, etc.)
- lost rental income, if you can’t rent out your damaged property
- protection for inflation (from the date you started your insurance policy)
- an increase in your living expenses if you have to leave your home because of an evacuation order from a public authority. This coverage will take care of your hotel room, meal costs and more for up to 30 days for wildfires, etc.
- the cost to change or replace your locks
- damage to your guests’ or live-in employees’ belongings
- the belongings of unmarried students going to school and/or living away from home
- protection against changing bylaw codes
If your house or detached private structure must be rebuilt to meet current building codes, we automatically include coverage to meet these extra costs.
- coverage for fire department fees
Increase the basic amount of coverage included in your policy.
- protection against identity theft
If your identity is stolen, we include $15,000 – which you can buy up to $20,000 or $30,000 – to help with the costs of restoring and reclaiming your identity. Our Identity Theft Coverage includes:
- lost pay if you have to miss work
- replacing your driver’s licence, passport or birth certificate
- getting credit reports, notarizing affidavits and other similar documents
- phone, fax and mailing expenses
- re-applying for existing loans
- some legal costs you have
- rates protection when remortgaging due to insured loss
If you have to remortgage your home after an insured loss, we will cover the difference between the old and the new rates on the balance of your outstanding mortgage.
- personal protection against bodily injury and property damage liability
All house insurance policies include a minimum of $1 million in personal liability coverage. This coverage can be used for situations where you’re considered legally responsible for someone being injured on your property or you’ve caused damage to another person or their property. It includes:
- court costs, legal fees and certain other expenses
- up to $5,000 for reasonable medical and related expensed for an injury you cause due to your actions or the condition of your premises
- up to $5,000 for damage to property of someone else due to your actions – can cover deliberate damage caused by a person 12 years of age or less
Add on extra coverages
Combined lines of coverage
This coverage provides a combined amount of protection borrowed from different lines of coverage found in your policy for your house, shed, garage, gazebo, etc., belongings and additional living expenses.
Fire department fee coverage
Increase the basic amount of coverage included in your policy.
Glass breakage deductible
Lower your deductible to $25.
Increased identity theft protection
Get more than the basic limits included in your policy.
Increased limits of protection
Extra protection for valuables and personal liability (legal responsibility).
Increased protection against changing bylaw codes
Increase the basic limit included in your policy.
Major appliance and electronics coverage
Extra coverage for your home systems, equipment and major appliances.
Rental, seasonal and secondary home coverage
- Rental Home Coverage – Add up to 4 rental properties to your policy.
- Seasonal Home Coverage – Includes your property and its belongings, plus optional Guaranteed Replacement Cost coverage.
- Secondary Home Coverage – For your 2nd home. (Not located at a lake, a resort or on your property.)
Repair or replacement coverage
Our Guaranteed Replacement Cost coverage will replace your house at today’s prices with materials of similar kind and quality, even if the cost to do so is more than your insurance coverage.
Special belongings coverage
Extra protection for special items, such as furs, jewelry, artwork, coin and stamp collections, bicycles and more.
Underground pipe and wire protection
You’re responsible for the underground pipes and wires on your property.
Water and sewer coverage
Make sure you’re covered for the high cost of water damage.
Protect your boat, motor, jet ski and other personal watercraft, as well as the equipment and accessories you need to run it. Storing your boat during the off-season? Download our checklist for helpful winterizing tips.